The Student News Site of Abington Senior High School

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Met Gala

It’s been quite a year so far for Hollywood. With Zendaya’s movie, Taylor Swift’s new album, and the dozens of new movies and TV shows being released every month, the industry is by no means lacking in news and drama. On May 6th, 2024, celebrities and socialites are spending hours dressing up in designer clothes, doing their hair and makeup, and showing up to one of the most anticipated events of 2024: The Met Gala. For those who don’t know, the Met Gala is a fundraiser for The Metropolitan Museum of Art. The fundraiser is held in New York City. Every year, there is a theme that celebrities are told to follow.

This year, the theme is “The Garden of Time.” According to Vogue, we are expected to see many floral and garden attires. Interestingly, “The Garden of Time” is based on a story written in 1962 by JG Ballard. That’s not all the exciting news, though. The hosts this year for the 2024 met gala are Zendaya, Bad Bunny, Chris Helmsworth, and Jennifer Lopez.

While attending the Met Gala might just be one of my biggest dreams, the event is by invite only. The invitation is only 50,000 dollars, completely affordable. However, the event is a fundraiser, so it makes sense why the tickets are so very pricey. At the Met Gala, after checking out the exhibits, everyone takes their seats to eat a dinner. I almost feel bad for whoever had to create the seating arrangements; Hollywood drama is no joke.

Remember, tune in on May 6th at 5:30 to see just how everyone interprets “The Garden of Time.”