The Student News Site of Abington Senior High School

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Found Heaven: Conan Gray’s Upcoming Album

After months of cryptic clues, five new singles, and teasing fans (nicknamed Coneheads) Conan Gray has announced his third record, Found Heaven. Gray is most well known for his songs like “Heather,” which tells the story of wishing to be in someone else’s place for love. His other hits include “Maniac,” “People Watching”, and “Memories.”

Since the release of his debut EP Sunset Season in 2018 Conan Gray has been known for his somber and sweet lyrics accompanied by calmer backing tracks including piano and acoustic guitar. However, when Conan Gray released the first single from his upcoming album “Never Ending Song,” fans got a much different sound than what was typical of the singer. The song, accompanied by a music video, completely diverged from his typical works, with upbeat synth tracks, and Conan utilizing his lower register.

After the release of the song, fans noticed a new symbol appearing in his cover art and social media posts, which was a teardrop with a star inside. Many theorized this meant that Conan Gray would release more songs under this 80’s theme and that the record would somehow center around this sign. 

Throughout 2023 Gray released songs like “Killing Me,” which musically kept the same aesthetic as “Never Ending Song.” He then went on to release songs like “Winner” and “Lonely Dancers”, continuing to build up anticipation. 

Shortly before officially announcing the record and revealing the album cover, posters with singular letters were found across cities in America, hinting at what the title could be. Fans came together to hunt down these bright yellow posters and put together all the letters. Shortly after the puzzle had been complete, Conan posted on his Instagram the official announcement of the album, which will release on April 5th of 2024.

Select fans were invited to come for an early listening party and hear all thirteen tracks and meet the singer himself. He also announced a world tour for the brand new record that fans have been rushing to get tickets for. It’s very clear that Conan Gray’s new album will be a success across his fan base and that his genius marketing will lead to the success of his new record. I am personally thrilled for this album and cannot wait for April 5th.