The Student News Site of Abington Senior High School

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Disney Channel Stars: What Are They up to Now?

Zendaya

You can’t talk about Disney Channel without thinking about Zendaya. She made her television debut in Shake it Up at age 14. She played Rocky Blue, a dancer on the teen show: Shake it Up who had a passion for dancing. Now, Zendaya (27) is famous for playing MJ in Spiderman, Rue in Euphoria, and soon will be releasing her new film: The Challengers. 

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez’s acting career actually started five years before she joined Disney Channel. However, she didn’t truly debut until she played Alex Russo on Wizards of Waverly Place at age 15. Now, Selena Gomez is absolutely breaking Hollywood with her unstoppable abilities. Not only has she just released her new song: “Single Soon,” but she also stars in the Golden Globe nominated show: Only Murders in the Building, and founded her own beauty brand, Rare Beauty. If you haven’t seen or tried the Rare Beauty blush, then you need to run to Sephora right now. It’s one of my favorites. 

Zac Efron

You knew this was coming: Zac Efron. If you want to get technical, his first role was on the television show Firefly. But Zac’s fame sourced from High School Musical when he was 18. He continues to act to this day. His newest film, Iron Claw, came out December 22 of last year. 

Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus’ first role wasn’t actually Hannah Montana. Despite making her entrance onto Disney Channel at age 13, her first appearance in television was in the 2001 movie Doc when she was 9 years old. Much like many of her early movies, she starred alongside her father. Hannah Montana made her even more famous as she starred as the main protagonist. Now, Miley Cyrus seems to be focusing more on her music career. If you haven’t heard the song “Flowers” (over and over and over again..) then I don’t know where you’ve been. 

Hilary Duff

If you’ve watched Disney Channel, you’ll know that Hilary Duff was the absolute queen of Disney. Hilary Duff’s first role was at age 10 in the movie True Woman. She became famous through her Disney Channel show, Lizzie McGuire at age 13. She also starred in A Cinderella Story at age 15 despite her character being 17. Hilary Duff now has worked on her show, How I met your Father and continues to be a big name in the industry. 

Ross Lynch

15-year old Ross Lynch stepped into the spotlight with his first role as Austin in Austin and Ally.”Ross continued to star in Disney shows and movies such as Teen Beach Movie and even Jessie. He continues to thrive in the acting and music industry at age 28 today. 

Corbin Bleu

Imagine being cast for a movie your first year of high school. Scary? Exciting? Well ,Corbin Bleu was cast in the movie Catch that Kid at age 15. Along with Zac Efron, Corbin’s big break arrived in the form of singing basketball players and quirky dancing. Bleu played Chad Danforth, Troy’s best friend in High School Musical. Bleu now has taken his skills from the camera to the Broadway stage. 

Dove Cameron

Unsurprisingly, Dove Cameron’s first role was not Liv and Maddie. At the age of 12, Dove played Mary in The Secret Garden. However, her first Disney Channel role was not exactly small. She impressively played both the charactersLiv AND Maddie at age 17. She also played Mal at 18 in the popular movie Descendants. Now, Dove is pursuing her music career. She released her album, Alchemical, a few months ago.

Debby Ryan

Disney Channel isn’t quite Disney Channel without Jessie. And with Jessie comes Debby Ryan. Ryan’s first role was in a Barney movie at age 14. Ryan had been in a few shows on Disney Channel before landing a starring role as Jessie at 18. Now, Ryan continues to act in movies.

Demi Lovato

Demi Levato’s first role was also in Barney. Her first Disney Channel role was on the show As the Bell Rings.The show took place before the school bell rang, depicting different high school dramas, ending once the bell rings. Demi was only 15. Though, only a year later, Demi quit As the Bell Rings to star in Camp Rock. Now, Levato has switched careers, becoming a singer/songwriter.