The Student News Site of Abington Senior High School

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

The Abingtonian

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Look into Abington’s Young Democrats Club

Abington’s Young Dems club, though not ample in members, has no lack of enthusiasm for the causes it pursues. If you aren’t familiar with the Young Dems club of Abington, it can be summed up entirely by its two main goals: to engage in political discussion and educate Abington students on political issues, and to volunteer time to make changes in our community. Though the desire to influence the community might make Young Dems sound similar to other pre-existing Abington clubs, the difference lies in how Young Dems goes about making change. While other clubs may address an issue by setting up drives for the issue or some volunteer opportunity of that variety, Young Dems tries to influence government policy that will, in turn, create lasting change for the issue. 

Currently, Young Dems club has put greater emphasis on turning out the vote for the upcoming presidential election in 2024. Members scouted out eligible voters during their lunch periods to register them to vote in the primary elections and distributed QR codes that made registration easier for eligible voters. 

If you, or anyone you know, has an interest in joining Young Dems, please use the join code: bf5cbey