Summer Activities

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Hello summer with decoration origami hanging on blue sky background. Paper art and craft style. Vector illustration of life ring, ice cream, camera, watermelon, sunglasses.

Maddie McMahon, Writer

Around this time of year, a lot of students are stressed.  AP tests are about to happen, finals are right around the corner, and some are picking what college they want to go to.  Right around this time, you will probably overhear someone wishing that it was summer or they can’t wait until summer starts.   The school year is close to an end and people are already counting down the weeks left until summer. Here are some fun things you can do during the summer to keep yourself busy!

A fun thing to do during the summer is to have a picnic. Since the weather is nice and everyone is out of school, grab some friends and tell them to bring something. To make it more enjoyable, you could have an activity like painting canvases or tote bags, or board games. It is something that you and others can enjoy and create some good memories!

Since summer can also be very hot and humid, a nice indoor activity is a sleepover. There are many things that you can do when hanging out with your friends.  You can do arts and crafts, bake a dessert, binge-watch a movie or show, play some video games, or even just joke around with each other.  Another fun thing you can do is a late night walk around the neighborhood.  Just make sure you are safe and aware of your surroundings. 

Even something as simple as a day out with friends, a nice nature walk, or a shopping spree can change your mood, or help to calm you and find peace!  Anything that gets you active or out and about can make a day pleasant and provide relaxation. In the end, summer is a time to try to chill before the new school year starts!