10 Good Romance Movies to Watch with your Valentine

Madeline Krassner, Writer

1. For fans of period pieces…

An enemies to lovers movie about the slow-burn romance between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. 

2. For fans of rom coms…

A teenage girl writes letters to her crushes that she never plans on sending. Somehow, they accidentally end up being mailed to all of her crushes. 

3. For fans of movies with the 90s vibes…

The main character has to dress up as a high school student to write a newspaper article on temporary teenage culture. She may or may not start to notice her dreamy English teacher in the process. 

4. For fans of “meet the family” movies…

Getting a boyfriend is the first step. The second step is meeting the family. Especially when they happen to be rich crazy socialites. 

5. For fans of cringy vampires…

Nothing more needs to be said. If you haven’t watched it, then you are in desperate need of popcorn, a couch, some friends, and a long, fun (cringe-filled) night. 

6. For fans of sad, romantic movies filled with young Leonardo Dicaprio… 

The opening of the Titanic has finally arrived. Romance, angst, social barriers, and grief come bearing for the audience of Titanic

7. For fans of Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet set in present times. The twist? They still use old language despite it being the 80s-90s. 

8. For fans of “she falls first, but he falls harder…”

Growing up is tough. Watch two kids mature and grow with each other as they face maturity, heartbreak, and the overwhelming feeling of love. 

9. For fans of cliche Wattpad books and romance tropes…

Falling for your best friend? Nah. Falling for your best friend’s brother? We got you covered 😉

10. For fans of that blonde side character and fashion lovers…

My personal favorite movie featuring a popular girl, Cher. Matchmaker, single, and makeover extraordinaire, prepare yourselves for a hilarious romance. Now say it with me, AS IF!