Club Spotlight: Our Minds Matter

Ava Maxwell, Arts & Entertainment Editor

After not knowing what to sign up for during my learn period, I decided to go to an Our Minds Matter meeting for the first time. The topic of the meeting was de-stressing before midterms through fun activities. Based on my experience during the meeting, I’d like to shine a spotlight on the club!

Our Minds Matter is a club focused on the mental health of students and creating opportunities to improve self-care. It also promotes the idea of seeking help when needed and spreading kindness around the school. The club is sponsored by Mrs. Lindinger and led by nine student officers.

During the meeting I attended, students were able to paint with watercolors, create zentangles, and make cloud dough. I personally made cloud dough with one of my friends, and despite not really knowing anyone there, we were able to chat with the other students at our station. Unfortunately, we were unable to participate at each station because of the time limit, but we still had a lot of fun. 

If you missed the “de-stress before midterms” meeting, I highly recommend attending the next Our Minds Matter meeting! They typically hold one every month and incorporate fun activities into their lessons. If you’re interested in joining Our Minds Matter, the Google Classroom code is nxtdh47 , and you can follow them on Instagram at @omm_abington!