Tell Me That It’s Over Album Review

Ava Maxwell, Sports Editor

Recently, the band Wallows released their sophomore album Tell Me That It’s Over. The album consists of 10 songs and is about 34 minutes long. However, don’t let the short length fool you. Tell Me That It’s Over is a great album and in my opinion, doesn’t have any subpar songs. 

Personally, my favorite songs on this album are “Hard to Believe,” “I Don’t Want to Talk,” “Especially You,” and “Marvelous.” I like these songs because they don’t fit into just one category of music, and the instrumentals themselves don’t stick to one style. I love “I Don’t Want to Talk” because of the upbeat instrumentals and the bridge of the song. When “Especially You” was first released as a single in February 2022, I didn’t like the song. However, after listening to it multiple times since the release of the entire album, I’ve begun to enjoy it more. “Marvelous” is also one of my favorite songs on Tell Me That It’s Over because similar to “I Don’t Want to Talk,” “Marvelous” has an upbeat feeling. I also like “Marvelous” because of the bridge and chorus. I think they fit well together and make the song better than it already is.

Although I don’t listen to “Missing Out” as much as other songs on the album, I really enjoy the song because it puts a spotlight on the other singer in Wallows, Braeden Lemasters. Although Dylan Minnette is featured in the chorus of the song, Braeden sings solo for the majority of the song. I genuinely like this because I feel like you don’t get to hear Braeden by himself as much as you hear Dylan in most of the Wallows’ discography. I don’t listen to “Hurts Me” often either, but I like the setup of the lyrics. I especially think it’s cool to hear Braeden sing one line with Dylan echoing another line afterward. 

Overall, I’d rate Tell Me That It’s Over 4.5 out of 5 stars. I like how each song has its own tempos, but I wish there were a few more upbeat songs. Apart from that, however, I am looking forward to hearing more music from Wallows in the future. If you haven’t already listened to Tell Me That It’s Over, then I definitely recommend you listen to it, especially if you’ve listened to other songs by Wallows, or you’re looking for a new style of music to listen to.